16 years ago
My Training Calendar
Monday, April 19, 2010
The "couve" team
We have a great training team here in the "couve". Julie, Jayme, Ashley and I all met up at my house at 6 PM to run our 35 min today. Julie and I are training for the half marathon, and Jayme and Ashley are doing the program with us and will run some 5K's an 10K's along the way. I was able to run the entire thing without knee pain so I am very grateful for that. I am glad I didn't push it yesterday. The most exciting thing happened during my run. On my last mile I realized, I only have a mile left to run and I feel great. I could run further. I felt that barrier break and realized I have more endurance now. It's hard to explain, but it was definitely exciting for me! I also learned from my trainer Julie that it is good to drink chocolate milk after a long run. So I am off to research why and if soy chocolate milk will do the same thing for recovery. Sounds delicious, but I am skeptical.......ha ha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I know they do the chocolate milk thing for training olympians. I've heard the rumor too, but haven't tried it yet. Let me know what you find out :)
Glad you let your knee rest and that you are feeling better. Hope Sadie is starts feeling better soon. We are facing the teething thing here too- one year molars coming in for Chase :( So I know exactly why you were tired, lol.
Post a Comment