My Training Calendar

My Training Calendar

Sunday, April 18, 2010

8K in Portland didn't work out

Dave and I wanted to run the 8K in Portland on Sunday. We packed everything up the night before so we could leave at 6:45 AM to drop Sadie off at my sisters. We were really looking forward to a fun date together running this 8K. However my poor sweet baby had a rough night with her teeth screaming for hours. :( When the alarm went off at 6 we decided with how tired we were there was no way we could run the 8K and have a good time. So we opted not too. Instead we went to the trail to run the 6 miles I was supposed to run. About a mile and a half in my knee was killing me. It hurt so bad I could barely run. It was sore from all the hills we did in the 5K yesterday. I wasn't about to get my first really bad injury so I turned around and only completed 3 miles. Dave and Sadie biked next to me the entire time. I had to walk almost the entire way back because it was hurting. I came home, iced it and I am hoping I can run my 35 minutes tomorrow without pain. :( It probably just needs time to rest.

No comments: