My Training Calendar

My Training Calendar

Saturday, April 17, 2010

5K in St. Helens for Abused Kids

My friend Kristin found this race for us in St. Helens. I was so excited to run it with her. Unfortunately she is injured and couldn't make it. I felt so badly for her. Ashley had planned to run it with us. Kristin was so sweet to let Jayme run in her place making it Jayme's & Ashley's first 5K race. We were all excited. It was raining on us for 1/2 hour however 5 min before the race it finally let up. I had such a great time. Dave and Sadie came to support me, and Julie (my sister and our trainer came with her kids) It was awesome. It was very hilly and I am not kidding! WOW! I thought I was going to die. We got separated from Jayme about a mile in but Ashley and I ran together the entire time. We sprinted to the end and I beat my time by 2 min and 34 seconds. I couldn't believe it. I was thrilled. Thanks everyone for the support!! Jayme and Ashley I am SO proud of you!! Kristin we missed you and can't wait for you to be back!


Dave and my niece Kayla gave us a sip of water every mile. She ran beside me while I drank it and then I handed it back. it was so awesome! It helped my runners gut TONS!!


The final decline before the last turn to the finish.

Crossing the finish line with Ashley. I was looking at my phone to get my time! Looks like I am mid-air. LOL

We were so excited and exhausted. I was so proud of Ashley. She ran the entire thing with me!

We went back to the final corner to run the last part with Jayme so we could all cross together.

Dave clocked me also, and this was my HUGE smile that I beat my time.

Julie our trainer supporting us!

Kayla and Hailey made these cute signs for us.

The reason why I run so fast across the finish line. My loves of my life waiting for me!

Julie had a baggie for each of us that said if you can dream it, you can achieve it. It had an apple, soy nuts, and a bottle water. What an awesome trainer she is! I just love her support.

The hill. It doesn't look as steep as it really is.

3 comments:

Janae' said...

That is sooo cool!!

Anonymous said...

Im so proud of you!!! you have become such a runner!!! Those hills look crazy, that even sweeter that you finished faster! I can't wait for our race!!!

jayme said...

Can you email any pictures Dave got of me, please? The one of the hill too :)