16 years ago
My Training Calendar
Sunday, May 9, 2010
My 7 miles turned into 6, but my inlaws were amazing!!
Sunday I was supposed to run 7 miles. It would be the furthest I had run yet! However it was Mother's Day weekend and I was in Utah at 4500 ft. For Mothers day we went up to the ski resort and had the Mother's Day brunch. It was delicious, but my belly was full all day! I waited as long as I could to run so that I wouldn't get sick. My inlaws entire family was so sweet and we all went over to the school to run around the track. However the track was locked, so we went to a park that had a trail around it. All the kids and grandkids played on the grass that was in the middle of the track. I ran around them.....over and over and over. However they were so awesome! They took turns running with me. One would run 2 laps with me and then tag a brother or sister in and switch. So every 2 laps I had a new running partner. It was so awesome! Just when I felt like stopping it would be time to switch with a new fresh person and I was like oh crap I have to keep going and look like I am still energetic. It was awesome! I ended up running 3 miles, walking one mile and then running 2 miles. I had to stop because Mother's Day dinner was at 6:30 and at the 6 mile mark it was 6:10. We all left the park and headed home for dinner. It was so sweet of them and it meant so much to me that I always had somone to run with on my long run!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment