My Training Calendar

My Training Calendar

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hill Sprints

Julie & I decided to run hill sprints today. It was her idea for training and it was a fantastic idea. We found this hill and sprinted up it and then walked down and did it over and over again until we hit 2 miles of hill sprints in 30 minutes! It was intense. My hamstrings and butt was so sore afterwards. I couldn't believe the difference it made in my breathing. I had to really focus. by the time I got to the top I was seriously out of breathe. It felt so good to do that run. Julie said it will help build endurance and get us trained for the half marathon as well as the hills that we will face in Seattle. I am so excited!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you to run your half marathon!!! You will do amazing great job at your training!!

cody said...

You were amazing! I couldnt believe what a sprinter you were!! Way to endure!! Woot woo!

Janae' said...

LOL. I don't think we even have a hill that big in Arkansas!!