My Training Calendar

My Training Calendar

Monday, June 21, 2010

Pulled Groin

Sunday I started having tons of Groin pain. Every time I go up the stairs I get a shock up my leg and it hurts so badly. I am not sure if I injured it on my 8 mile run or not. :( I iced Sunday, but Monday I tried to run my 30 min with Julie in the morning, but I could only do 1 mile. My Groin was hurting so badly. I couldn't even endure the pain. When I stopped to walk it killed and cramped up. I had to walk the rest of the way home. I am so frustrated and so worried that I am not going to be able to run the half marathon without major pain! :( I can't believe I did this. It's Monday night and now I can't even take a single step without a sharp pain radiating through my leg. I am going to ice, elevate, and rest. I am hoping it feels better tomorrow. I am so worried!!

2 comments:

Mnisa said...

Ouch! Rest up girly girl so you can be ready to go!!! I know you will still do awesome. It is rest week anyway :) Lots of groin-free yoga (LOL) and some easy going cross training and you'll be good to go before you know it. You and Juls will rock it. Remember it is your first one so enjoy the experience and find pleasure in the fact that you are doing A 1/2 MARATHON- 13 MILES!!!!!!! That is a dream for many but will soon be a reality for you. You're amazing!

Janae' said...

Oh girl, be careful! And remember, even if you have to walk during it and come in very last like me, I will still be a huge fan on your blog :) Just think positive you can do it!! You still have several days!!