My Training Calendar

My Training Calendar

Friday, June 25, 2010

Off to Seattle!

Bags are packed, loading up the car and on my way to my first ever half marathon!! I feel as ready as I can be. I definitely know I want to be better prepared for the next one, but it's my first and I will do my best! I am so excited to go to the Expo today. I can hardly stand it. Here is hoping to a good day with eating, rest, hydration and tons of fun with my 2 running girls Julie and Kristin. Let's go rock it at the Rock n Roll half marathon!!! Thanks to everyone who supported me on my journey. As I look back at all the people in my life who have been there to lift me up when I am down, to run with me, to call and encourage me, to post on my blog, and to keep me motivated I feel so greatful for all the many friends and family in my life. This is a big event and I still have to pinch myself when I think about me really doing it. To think back where I started on Jan 16th to make the decision to run a 5K for my dear friend Jenni, and now look at me. What an accomplishment this has been. I love you all and can't wait to have you get my updates and times. Just remember it is my first one........ha ha.

2 comments:

Janae' said...

And look how well you did girl!!! You rocked!!

cody said...

you did so good on your half marathon in Seattle . i am so glad I got to come and see you run your first half marathon. that was so very special. love Kayla