My Training Calendar

My Training Calendar

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nauseated

It's been 2 days since my 10K and I am so sick!! It all started after the race. My stomach was kinda sick but I thought I could pull through. It went downhill from there. I ended up laying down at around 1PM Sunday to see if I could sleep it off. I threw up a few times that day and stayed in bed all night. Dave was eating next to me and the smell of his food made me vomit. You would think I was pregnant! My stomach was KILLING me!! Before the race I had taken Advil for my pulled hamstring, GU before the race w/caffeine, GU during the race w/caffeine, and more Advil after the race for my hamstring pain. Note to self..........this is not a good combination!! Well lesson learned. I woke up Monday still sick. I got ready for work, threw up twice on my way to my clients, and felt miserable. I couldn't believe how bad it was! I tried to work, but only made it like 2-3 hrs. :( Luckily I was out at Kristin's office and she was SO sweet to let me go home. I was so bad! I drove all the way home trying to hold back the vomit and feeling miserably! One stoplight before I got home, I lost it. I had to open my door and throw up. I came home, and went straight to bed. So needless to say.........I have to figure out a better combo for the above situation. The thought of GU makes me so sick! I have to figure out how to hydrate my muscles on my long runs. I guess GOOGLE and I are going to be best friends for the next few days. I didn't do my run Monday, but I did a cycling class tonight. I am feeling better, but still not up to par. My neck started really hurting Monday night. I think because I didn't drink or eat anything since my run cause I couldn't keep anything down, my neck stiffened up. So I had a migraine all day today from the pain. Why do I run again? Can someone please remind me why I am doing this to my body????

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Because finishing a run is such a sense of accomplishment & every run you learn something new about yourself & your body. Running helps you become a stronger person both mentally & physically....but most important because you love running with your friend Kristin! (LOL!I was being too serious needed some humor!)
You are an amazing runner!

Angela Mencl said...

Hey Kristin!.. its Angela (Stone) haha I found this through Sherri's blog. You are doing so good running. Are you going to work up to doing a marathon??
I have a blog if you ever wanna check it out: its garyandangelamencl.blogspot.com Sherri told me you have a private blog.. add me when you get a chance (angelamichele88@gmail.com) I would love to stay updated with you and your family! My husband's family lives in Salem Oregon... so next time we are out there we will have to meet up. I am glad you are doing well.