My Training Calendar

My Training Calendar

Saturday, May 15, 2010

10K in Sherwood in 67.08 min.

This was our first 10K for all 3 of us. We were so excited and extremely nervous!! My goal was to run 4 miles before taking a break because I was sure I wasn't going to be able to run the entire thing.......even though I really wanted to. We all 3 ran together until the 2 mile mark where I got separated from the 2 of them. They had told me it was okay to go ahead since they knew what my goal was. The hardest part was we had to run up a hill for an entire mile and a half. Between mile 2.5 and 4. I thought I was going to die. I just kept a real good pace and stayed focused on getting to the mile 4 mark. I was so exhausted when I got there, but I told myself whats another 2 miles and the rest is pretty flat. So I kept running. They had 3 water stations and at each one I ran by, grabbed my cup and filled my bottle while continuing jogging. I was also trying to do the GU chomps, but couldn't figure out how to eat those and keep running. I was able to get one down me but that was it. Well at mile 5 I knew I was in trouble. My right leg was cramping so badly and my groin was killing me. I knew my muscles needed electrolytes and I didn't have any. I pushed myself to the end thinking you have come this far, you can't stop! I was so proud of myself when I saw the finish line. I couldn't believe I had done it. I ran the entire 6.2 miles! :)






The look of pure exhaustion and yet accomplishment

My favorite thing about the finish line.




My first 10K!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have tears in my eyes i love that pic of you looking up with tears in your eyes...I am so proud of you!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Btw this is sherri i dont know what my bro did but i cant get it signed out of him and into me

Janae' said...

That is sooooo awesome! I love it! You all are amazing amazing amazing!

cody said...

I love these photos that Dave captured! Wow way to go Dave! I loved running with all of you! So fun! Way to run all the way! Those hills were tough!

Mnisa said...

You did amazing! Running the whole 6.2 miles with hills and all- holy crap Kris!!! You sure have come a long way in such a short time, I still remember when you first called in January and told me you were running and expressed how much you hated it lol. Now look at you and all you've accomplished and its only been 4 months! You go girl!