My Training Calendar

My Training Calendar

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Personal Escort by my Trainer....Julie

I woke up today not feeling good at all and it seemed as if there was no way I was going to make up my run from yesterday. As the day went on it seemed to get better. However half our before our 5PM run Ashley and Jayme both said they couldn't go. I was so bummed. I called Julie and begged her to come run with me, but she is still sick with Bronchitis so I understood. That meant..... I have to run by myself. Wait, What? how do I do that?? This would be a first in a long time. :) So of course I made up excuses as to why I shouldn't do it. I should rest to make sure I am feeling better for Saturday's race ect ect. Well thank goodness for Jayme cause she called me at 6:30 and said did you already run? I said no, but I would love to run later tonight if you can. Well she came through and at 9PM we ventured out and ran through the neighborhoods. about 2 minutes into our run our cute trainer and sister Julie pulls up in her big Suburban and say's, do you two need a personal escort? I got the biggest smile on my face. I wasn't too worried running that late in the dark because Jayme was with me, however seeing Julie made my day. What a sweetheart she was because she drove next to us for the entire 31 minutes through the neighborhoods cheering us on. It was the coolest thing ever. Jayme beat her record and we ran for 2 miles straight non stop. I am not sure if it was the fact of a big HUGE Suburban running us down, or the cheering out the window. Whatever it was were were pumped and had a good time. Thanks Jayme and Julie for helping me makeup the run from yesterday, and for making this night so much fun!!

2 comments:

Janae' said...

That is awesome!!! I could sure use your Personal Escort and Trainer! I walk alone and it is lonely and last night the mosquitos were so bad and biting me just before I was done that I accepted a ride home from someone! Maybe if I had someone pushing me I would have kept going.. After all, I only inhaled one! :)

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh, that is the best story! I'm just smiling thinking about it! Your sister is awesome!
And I love the calendar on the your blog, I can't wait for you to help me with mine!!!
Good Luck tomorrow & be sure & text me your time!